Sunday, November 16, 2008

We have Pima Roughrider's very own Dillon Goodman in the house!

We had a great time watching my brother Dillon play in the semi-finals last weekend in the valley against Joseph City. He gave them a beating. Dillon's a Junior this year in Pima and is a football superstar! He's somewhere past 6-3 and probably weighs less than me.... Missed them getting beat by Mogollon at state this weekend, though. Sorry. But they had a great season.


http://www.eacourier.com/articles/2008/11/12/sports/doc4919d40180c34039824529.txt

Pima receivers Dillon Goodman, left, and Chris Howard bump chests after a Goodman touchdown Saturday in Apache Junction. Photo by Brian Wright

Pima quarterback Braunson Summers got the ball into the hands of explosive receivers Chris Howard and Dillon Goodman, and they took care of the rest. Howard and Goodman combined for six touchdown receptions in the first half (Howard had four), and the ‘Riders led 44-6 at the break on their way to a 52-20 1A state semifinal win.



Pima quarterback Dillon Goodman follows through on a pass attempt during the first half of Friday's game at Fort Thomas. Goodman completed 4-8 passes for 69 yards and two touchdowns in a 54-14 win over the Apaches. Photo by Brian Wright


Fans Dallin and Mattie


The future of football. He's still just a little confused, but he'll catch on. That's my sister Stephanie's great hair. Do you believe me now Steph??? Probably not.


The Great Uncle Dillon takes time for the little people


The Late Great Uncle Taylor who has passed his football torch to the Now Great Uncle Dillon with the Soon To Be Greats Tanner and Dallin. My boys and my brothers. They don't know how much I love them.


How great is this picture? Taylor and Dillon, watch yourselves. If you had any doubt that these boys look up to you, take a good look. And BE GOOD. (And yes, ladies, they ARE this good looking. Just need a little meat on their bones. I can still take them.)


My pretty little sis Cassidy who I love is taller than me now. :(


And meet Audrey, my littlest sister of all. She may be prettier, but will never be taller than me. Ha! I love you Audrey!

7 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

Are you seriously from Pima? Mike gets made fun of all the time for living there. I have to say that I LOVE it there. Someday we wish that we could move to the Gila Valley. Someday!

Linda said...

You are such a good big sister--love the pix. My email is mangodulce@juno.com--is that where you've been sending stuff? I'm glad you were able to hook up with a Ragnar team and I am sorry for the mix-up. But we'll kick your butt! Just kidding, I'm sure those on the team I'm on will say "What? An old lady on our team, no way!"

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Layla, you are a good sister. I love that you speak so highly of your siblings. You are an amazing person. Can't wait to get together.

Evvie Turley said...

Ok, girl, how is it that you have a completely different set of siblings that I know nothing about?!! You have some s'plaining to do! Seriously though, I wanna know how this all works out, 'cause they are all such cuties!

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

" Wow what a star!"
this is hanna caldwell

The Baum Squad said...

I had no idea you were from Pima, related to superstars, and have siblings that young. How many do you have?

Would you describe the jeans I had on that day in the parking lot? I would like to wear them everyday. I'm ready to retire to stretch pants on most days. So thank you for the sweet comment. Come on back anytime.

And how about those ref's pants a couple posts back? The game was in good ol' Snowflake right? Holy smokes. That was hilarious.

KB Stanger Art and Design said...

I can't believe that I just found this on your blog - it is so cute and fun. Good write up - maybe you should do some sports writing on the side. Btw, how did that vball tourney go? I want the write up on that, too.